Ready to break the mould?
Ready to break the mould?
PURPOSE OF THE JOB
Fabrication, assembly and repair of a large range of steel and aluminium rotational moulding tools. Repairs to structures and equipment along with general fabrication work. Production of jigs and formers. Assisting the maintenance team with plant maintenance where repairs require fabrication and welding. Assisting the Mould Maintenance department with tooling repairs
Mould Fabrication / Repair
• Mould manufacture / repairs to mould tools utilising a range of materials and fabrication techniques
• Sheet metal fabrication of complex shapes / parts
• Fabricating / repairing parts for machinery / factory structures (basic sheet metal work / welding sectional steel)
• Occasional tooling changes
• Ensuring all work is carried out in a safe manner and that HS&E standards are adhered to at all times
• To report directly to the Engineering Manager with regard to repairs / maintenance
• To advise on any technical issues
• To regularly report any tool / consumable requirements
• To report any and all defects found while carrying out day to day activities
• To assist the mould maintenance / engineering team as required
• To liaise with the Engineering Manager with regard to plant / tool improvements
• To liaise with Process Engineering with regard to their activities and projects
• To liaise with the Production Department in relation to tool repairs / preventative maintenance
• Other duties required by the business
The working pattern for night shift is Sunday to Thursday (21.45pm – 06.15am). Due to the shift finishing on a Friday morning, this proves an attractive shift as it enables the employee to have every weekend off, returning on Sunday night.
The candidate will work 40 hours per week and must be flexible as shift times will accommodate business requirements.
Please note all successful applicants will be required to train on our rotating shifts (05.45am -14.15pm and 13.45pm -10.15pm) for up to 8 weeks, before moving to nights.
• Minimum of 2 GCSE or equivalent C and above including Maths and English.
• Ability to use hand tools
• Forklift truck experience (not essential)
• Experience working in a manual role
• Experience working in a plastics industry, preferably in rotational moulding or extrusion
**Key Skills **
• Manual handling
• Ability to handle physical work
• Ability to do basic maths for Stock counting purposes
• Awareness and application of health and safety working regulations
• Ability to work in an environment where temperature can exceed the average.
• Decanting of the raw materials into the moulding tool as per instructions
• Producing a range of plastic products using a variety of machines in which to mould them
• Following a strict process after the product is cooked. i.e., The use of formers, trimming
• Housekeeping on a regular basis, ensuring the workplace is free from any potential safety risks
• Ensure products meet the company’s quality standards.
• Use of power tools such as drills to assemble and create the products
• Producing various kits to accompany products
• Excellent timekeeping and attendance are expected
• Always ensure the wearing of the correct uniform and PPE
• Achieve Production targets and other KPI’s
• Always work in a safe manner, compliant with health and safety legislation
• Recording of completed moulds using the standard paperwork
Why should you apply?
• Pension scheme (offered at 13-week stage)
• Healthcare (Offered after 6-month permanent contract)
• Free tea and coffee
• Noise reducing headphones (at a reduced price)
• Full workwear and PPE
• 33 days leave including 8 public holidays
• Company closure during festive holiday (4 days taken from holiday allocation)
• Additional Leave purchase policy (offered after 2 years’ service)
• Company sick pay (Offered after 2 years’ service)
• Occupational Health Service
• Free car parking
If you’re the ideal candidate, please send your CV by clicking apply.`, `Trainee Production Operative (Permanent Contract) Nightshift`)"> Read More Apply